1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons (1/2/ stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup diced red and green cherries
1/2 mixed diced candied pineapple
1/2 cup raisins
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix together the egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the egg/butter/milk mixture to the flour to make a lumpy batter (do not over mix).
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups or tins, filling each cup about two thirds full. I usually line the cups with paper muffin shells.
- Bake at 400º until the muffins are plump, golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean; about 30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.