- 1 to 1/2 Cups blueberries, adjusted to taste
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup sugar (may be slightly reduced depending on berries)
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease muffin pans or use liners.
- Beat butter, add sugar beat till creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in half the flour, then half the milk. Stir gently.
- Add the rest of the flour and milk alternately.
- add the blueberries, folding them in gently. Don't over stir.
- Pour into muffin tin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the sugar and nutmeg mixture.
- Bake at 375 25-30 minutes until the muffins are golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool about a half hour before removing.
These freeze really really well. If you're planning to freeze them, take them out of the oven one or two minutes before they're done. I like to substitute finely shredded fresh lemon zest, a generous teaspoon, for the nutmeg in the sugar topping.