9 inch unbaked pie shell
1 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups canned pumpkin (Not the stuff with spices; just pumpkin)*
1 2/3 Cups evaporated milk**
- Blend sugar, spices and salt.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and milk.
- Mix well and pour into pie shell.
- Bake about 60 minutes at 350 F. or until the pie is "set."
- Check the pie after 40 minutes. Refrigerate when cool.
* One and a half cups of canned pumpkin is one 15 oz. can or 425 grams.
** One and two thirds cups of evaporated milk is one 12 ounce can or 354 ml.
As written, this makes a single pie.
A smaller shell makes a thicker pie, but will take a bit longer to cook.
Double for a large deep pie, or two pies.
Adjust the spices to suit your taste; I favor a bit more ginger.